The city of Melaka is recognized by UNESCO and internationally as one of the world heritage cities because it has many places of high historic value in addition to having an interesting mix of cultures to explore such as Peranakan or Baba & Nyonya, Portuguese and Indian Chetty.
Located only 2 hours away from Kuala Lumpur city center, Melaka takes you back to a different time as you wander its narrow streets and historical squares. Visit the historic city center mainly in Banda Hilir, along Melaka River and Jonker Street, like a living museum… Boasting both fully preserved old buildings and ruins right in its heart On the Historical Melaka . In this tour you will get to visit St. Peter’s Church, A’Formosa Portuguese Fortress, Melaka Museum, Cheng Hoon Teng Temple and more. Stop by for a quick break and enjoy a relaxing lunch before continuing your discovery along the Melaka River.
Example Itinerary From KL (Join In Group)
- 08:30 hotel pick up
- Journey to Melaka from Kuala Lumpur City Center (approx. 2 hours)
- 10:30 arrive in Melaka, visit St. Peter’s Church (Roman Catholic Church built in 1710)
- 11:00 visit A’Famosa Porta de Santiago (built in 1511)
- 12:00 drop by Melaka Museum
- 12:30 walk along Dutch/Red Square
- 13:00 head to Jonker Street and visit Chen Hoon Teng Chinese Temple (built in 1645)
- 13:30 enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (drinks not included)
- 15:00 walk around Melaka River or join a river cruise (optional, payable onsite)
- 16:00 depart back to Kuala Lumpur