Melaka as world heritage site recognition is still at its infancy stages. Many things must be done in order to conserve the National History now listed as world heritage site. As Melaka and Penang State just got the world heritage status, there are 851 site in the world that have been recognized by UNESCO. All the site have their own uniqueness in terms of natural resources, cultural variety and others mixed and recognize as world heritage site through convention coordinated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). What do this site have in common? Well there are all Heritage sites and have been visited and acknowledge by world historian, ecologist, art lovers and their own communities.
Quick facts about world heritage from expedia.com:
* There are currently 851 World Heritage sites in 141 countries.
* There are three categories of World Heritage sites—cultural, natural, or mixed.
* The World Heritage Convention was adopted by UNESCO in 1972. The United States was the first country to ratify the World Heritage Convention.
* In 1978, the first 12 World Heritage sites were inscribed. They included Yellowstone National Park and the Galapagos Islands.
* If a site is threatened, UNESCO helps create a plan—and often provides funding—to ensure the site’s preservation. There are currently 30 sites on the List of World Heritage in Danger.
As a responsible citizen of earth, we also can get involve in helping to protect the natural and cultural wonders of the world by visiting and participate at Friends of World Heritage website. This is an organization initiated by UNESCO, Expedia.com and United Nation Foundation.
So how to get involve?
There are many ways to involve as a World Heritage Friend, you could travel to world most spectacular sites by Expedia.com world heritage package, send e-card with full of education from friendsofworldheritage site, make donation with 100% of the donation raised will go to such projects for the world communities and last but not least promote friendsofworldheritage at your website with free informative banners.
But First, register to be a part of world heritage friends!:
After registration you will get the rewards below:
Afer finished becoming a friends of world heritage site, don’t forget to tell your friends to do the same. Come and support sustainable tourism!.